Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 6 and 7

First of all let me say, Erika- thanks for the cookie suggestion. I am working on ideas as I type this. :) And Ashley, thank you so much for the reinforcement. I'm planning on looking up crockpot recipes in the morning (after my chores of course!)

Tuesday was a dreary rainy day and Betsy was bummed about not being able to play outside.  So after she finished her homework she asked if she could have her one hour of computer time to play on the computer.  I told her that was fine and she jumped up and down and got so excited. Which got me thinking.. Back in the day, June didn't have computers or game systems to battle for her kids attention.  They played outside, used their imaginations, played with toys...The world has made it so easy to become disconnected from the people you live with simply by providing distractions.  So I've decided that I'm going to limit mindless entertainment to just the evenings, that way during the day they're forced to use their imaginations and be creative in their play.  And I think it will open up some time slots for us to find some family activities to partake in.  Now its just up to me to find something for us to do!

Wednesday was nicer, no rain but cold and windy. And yes I wore a dress- not just any dress, a sundress! haha! With this dressing up every day I'm starting to run out of cute warm outfits.  Pretty soon I'll be donning my formal dresses. Ha! Won't that be a sight!  Ward will definitely be suspicious then!  He did compliment me on how I looked today so that was a plus!  You guys would be proud of me though.  In addition to my usual list of chores, I cleaned the uprise on the stairs and cleaned every crevasse of the wooden railing with a q-tip! I actually finished the majority of my cleaning in an hour today! Which got me so excited! Its been a while since I've been able to have some down time in the mornings. Well, actually- its been a week TODAY!  Hooray!

So looking back at the overall big picture of the week that I have taken on the persona of June:
I feel like its been a positive change. Ward and the kids seem happier and more relaxed. Not much else has changed though. I have to admit I still need to work on my loudness but I think its much better than it was before. I guess my question that I'm looking to answer is- is this change temporary? Will the kids and Ward become accustomed to the way things are being done now and once they acclimate to the change, will things return to the chaotic nature it was before?  As for the relationship between Ward and I, I guess I'm wondering the same thing. Yes, he's noticed my appearance and the cleanliness of the house but will that become something that he expects and takes for granted?  But I have to say, as far as our relationship goes, things have been pretty sweet!  In the past week I've noticed that he doesn't rush back off to work after lunch (which he used to do).  And the past few nights, he's even sat with me a couple of times on the couch (instead of his usual spot - sprawled out on the loveseat).  I realize these are little things and probably super corny and cheesy that I get excited about little things like that but hey, its the little things that I live for. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I was kidding about the cookies : ) And YAY for outside! "Free toys" is what I call it lol!

    ReplyDelete