Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 3,4 and 5

Hi there! Sorry for being so late in my postings. Its rough trying to do all this and keep up with the posting with out Ward or the kids seeing.  It seems the only times I'm able to blog is the early morning hours of 1 or 2 am after Ward and all the kids have gone off to bed.   Have I told you that I'm HORRIBLE at keeping secrets from Ward? ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY HORRIBLE at it. I can remember only a handful of times when I've been able to successfully keep his presents, surprises, etc. a secret.  No worries, I haven't spilled the beans yet. But it was close tonight.  I've been lost in my own little world. Deep in thought in trying to figure out what I've learned the past 3 or 4 days since I've been absent from the blogging world. And Ward noticed. He's always been perceptive like that. Luckily I was able to change the subject but honestly, I am struggling here.

So let me catch you up. Things in June land have calmed down a bit. Over the weekend, we had beautiful weather and I gave myself a little break from mopping and bathroom cleaning in lieu of spending time with the Ward and the kids. We went out and ran a local running trail and enjoyed spending time together as a family.  Ward and Betsy even took a side trip to the park and walked the nature trail by her school while I finished off a novel. It was beautiful mild weather. And things seem so relaxed in our house lately. It was nice to just be able to take it all in.

Monday was a complete change. I backslid in my housekeeping considerably.  It was bill day. A day that I despise and dread every month.  I spent the first half of the day paying bills and balancing the books.   Then I tried making a new "dish" for Ward for lunch.  Haha, "tried" being the key word.  I used cresent rolls and laid them with the flat ends touching and the points facing outward and then I filled the middle with ham and shredded cheese and folded the points in to make a pie of sorts.  Then I baked it. I was so excited for him to eat it when he got home for lunch because it just looked so pretty.  Perfect golden crust and you could see the melty cheese.. YUM.  Then he cut into it- and what do you know?...  UNCOOKED DOUGH in the middle! I think I turned three shades of red. I was embarrassed, flustered and mad at myself.  I scolded myself silently "Bad June! Bad!" Ward was a good sport about it though and dug though and ate the edible parts.  Bless that man.  The poor thing was reliving our first year of marriage all over again. Enduring unedible food with a smile.  Then Bailey, Belle and I ran errands before we picked up Betsy from school.  After we got everyone home, I realized I had forgotten to eat lunch; so I grabbed bits and pieces of food as I cleaned and started to prep dinner.  Big mistake! I got sick and spent the rest of the night in bed.

So what did I take away from these 3 days?
- DO NOT eat undercooked dough.. Even if you think it "mostly cooked"
- Weekends are for relaxing. No bathroom scrubbing or kitchen mopping for me! :)
- Cleaning the house is easier and less time consuming now.  I won't lie, the novelty has worn off and its no longer "fun" but I do think the calmness it brings to the house is definitely worth the effort.
- Ward still notices the vacuum lines! :)
- I seem to be consumed with June.  Constantly thinking, what would June do?  Does she shave her legs every day?- You bet your apples she does! Does she bite her nails?- Goodness no! (That's one that I've been struggling with since grade school) Its kind of been a fun thing for me. Kind of a self improvement/ experiment all rolled into one. 

And now that the novelty has sort of tapered off, I'm looking for suggestions.  What are some things that you think June would do? Or what are some things that you would like for me to do in my little experiment?  Come on! Get your thinking caps on and let me know!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to take the weekend off! Well deserved : ) I would suggest thinking of the kinds of cookies that she would bake for her awesomely awesome neighbors ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi june! so I was thinking about your project and I wanted to point out that the original JC's kids were all in school, so she had much more time to do housework and cook meals. Now, that doesn't mean stop everything you are doing because, honestly, it sounds like the changes are making a difference in your family as a whole. However, I think it's okay to give yourself a break if you have a particularly stressful day (monday). It's hard to have two babies there. And just make meals that are simple. Open up a can of soup and pop biscuits in the oven. viola! lunch!

    also - crockpot girl. get that dinner started around lunch time and you'll have SO MUCH more time to finish the last minute projects and bond with your family. I am telling you crockpot dinners are endless and will make your life so easy!

    ReplyDelete