Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

knock, knock...

Yoohooo! Are you still there? I know its been a while since I've last blogged. But I'm HERE!  I'm sorry for being absent but the late nights were getting to me, that and the babies have decided to shift their nap schedules somewhere to the neighborhood of being nonexistent.  Life has been busy to say the least. 

So, lets catch up. Shall we? ...  February has been a busy month.  Things around the house have been quiet.  Not literally, because Bailey and Belle have discovered a new game called "squeal as loud as you can".  But chore wise, things are getting done and I've kept up my chores on a daily basis (with a little slack on the weekends).  So, not much to report there.

On the family front I have a new angle I want to attack: I'm calling it Operation Togetherness. To me
"togetherness" is not just about being physically present but it involves interacting, talking, laughing, yelling, crying.  Its the bonding that we as people need in our lives.  So how does this translate to me and my family?  Life is faster paced than it used to be (ie. back in June's time).  There are more demands on our time and most of us are already spread thin that when it comes to family life, sometimes we put it on cruise control and just hang out in the backseat.  At least, that's how it is to me sometimes.  And I think we can all relate.  My days are consumed by my chores and baby duties, Ward works, Betsy has school and afterschool activities and it seems the only times we spend time together are at the dinner table or in the playroom watching tv. It seems that there is always a distraction of some sort.   So my mission is to try to find ways to create more togetherness in our family.  What can I do to foster "togetherness"?  Hmm, family game night anyone?  ;)  We shall see!

OK. well that's that. I'll blog again in a day or so! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment